by Spacejock Software
WinXP & above / Mono 2.4 & above
SalesScanner is designed for Windows 7 and later. Earlier operating systems are unsupported. SalesScanner may also work on Linux and OSX, using Mono 2.4 or later, but this is not guaranteed to work unless specified.
These downloads contain SalesScanner version 220.127.116.11, dated 18/Aug/2018
Download SalesScanner installer (1.8mb) (self-installing exe file)
Download the zipped version: SalesScanner zip file (3.4mb)
Installing on Windows:
1) Download the installation file. Internet Explorer users are forced into a series of pointless* security warnings which look something like this:
Just click Save. You'll get another warning (this one with a nice friendly red X):
Click View Downloads:
Once the downloads folder is open, locate the downloaded file and run your normal anti-virus scan on it. Once you're happy it's free of viruses, run the installation file. Now Windows will probably throw up another warning similar to the one below:
At this point you either trust me (and my company, Spacejock Software) and click 'Yes', or you click 'No' and delete the installer. That's up to you - just bear in mind I set up this website almost twenty years ago, and if I was offering dodgy software someone would have closed it down by now, wouldn't they? I'm also an author with over a dozen novels in print, and my reputation matters to me!
2) Follow the prompts to set it up. (The defaults are fine)
3) Locate the Spacejock Software entry in your start menu. The program you just installed will have an entry there. Click the program icon to run it.
4) If you get an error message about a missing framework, visit microsoft.com and download the dotnet 2.0 runtime.
* Why are all these warnings pointless? Because dodgy security certificates have been issued in the past, making genuinely harmful software appear legit and above-board!
This program runs on the Microsoft Dotnet Framework
, which can be installed on any version of Windows from Win98 on. (e.g. Win98, ME, Win2K, XP, Vista, Windows 7, etc) Note that it's already included with Windows Vista or later.
An Athlon or Pentium 4 with 512 megs of ram will be ample. Should also run fine on older hardware.
Many of my apps will run on the Mono framework, version 2.4 or later. See the SalesScanner Linux page
to see whether this application has been tweaked for Linux yet.
You can run my programs from a memory stick.
See How to run your applications from a thumb drive
for more info